Founded in 1999, moviMED was established to meet the needs of the medical device community in Southern California. Our business quickly expanded beyond that market as two key changes occurred: Machine vision and motion technology became more refined, and custom applications for vision, motion, data acquisition and inspection became the norm for most manufacturing and research firms, irrespective of their market.
Today, moviMED provides custom, turnkey vision solutions, integrating video camera and data acquisition systems in various industrial and research sectors. Our talented staff offers engineering expertise, free initial consultation, knowledgeable product evaluation and selection, and reliable client support in all aspects of imaging technology.
We offer an expansive range of high-end CCD video cameras, lenses, illumination devices and cables for industrial machine vision, automation, and inspection. But more than that, our software engineers are experts in systems integration, allowing us to build full custom solutions to any client's specific application.
We are machine vision experts ready to provide you with custom vision, motion or data acquisition solutions.
Our Vision is Your Vision
moviMed strives to earn your confidence from our first consultation. We are the solution you seek for your machine vision requirements. We promise to deliver either a custom turn-key solution or independent imaging components tailored for your needs, on time, efficiently, accurately and cost-effectively.
At moviMED we are determined to carry out our vision of providing quality outsourced innovative turnkey machine vision solutions.
We strive to:
- Assess in-depth each client’s unique Motion, Vision or Data Acquisition application requirements
- Engineer an effective, cost-conscious solution to fulfill the scope of each client’s budgetary and functional needs
- Research the best products available to meet each client’s specific objectives
- Employ state-of-the art technology for every motion and vision component, data-acquisition hardware, and software as dictated by each unique client’s need
- Deliver, on time, custom integrated systems or components that are efficient, accurate, valuable and intuitive
We appreciate that if you are visiting our Web site, your company has recognized a crucial need for a sophisticated product inspection system or, perhaps, an automated, visually guided process to help you stay competitive. Machine Vision Systems can often entail developing complex motion systems to position the target object, the camera, or both in order to properly inspect the item—not to mention the process of filtering through the myriad of illumination and optical choices on the market.
The expertise necessary to successfully integrate these kinds of systems often distracts business leaders from what they know best – their business. That’s why moviMED’s primary mission is to provide you with the right solutions so that you can get on with your business.
Engineers at moviMED stay on top of the rapidly changing technology so you don’t have to. We can select the right system components for you. Each system is designed in a modular fashion that provides open connectivity for client and end user. The result: Every system we develop is easy to install, expand and maintain.
Our engineers are specialists in diagnosing and creating solutions for any machine vision need whether your challenge is image capture, illumination, electrical, mechanical, data acquisition, or software integration.
Our Range of Expertise:
- Thermal Analysis (IR imaging, Thermography, Night Vision)
- Visible Range Imaging
- Ultra-Violet and X-ray imaging
- Line Scan and Area Scan Cameras
- Color, Black-and-White (VGA to megapixel resolution)
- Time-lapse Imaging
- High-speed Imaging
- High speed and Time-Lapse Video Recording
- Geometric Measurements
- Target Tracking
- Automated Microscopy
- Bioinformatics and Biophotonics
- Fluorescence Imaging and Bioluminescence
- Embedded and PC-based Systems
- Smart Cameras
- Nano-meter accuracy to coarse motion (Piezo, direct linear drive, stepper, servo, voice coil, open and closed loop)
- Embedded and PC-based
Services and Solutions
- In-depth Analysis of Client Applications
- Inception-to-Execution Project Management
- State-of-the-Art Vision Component Vendor Research
- Turnkey Machine Vision Systems
- Data Acquisition
- Manufacturing Automation and Inspection
- Control System Integration
- Custom Software Applications
- LabView Software Development – Certified Developer
- National Instruments - Vision System Integrator
If you have a specific application need, please go to our contact us page.